A home in Heaven
The Lord Jesus promised a beautiful home in Heaven to all who believe in Him. Do you want to know what this place is like? The Bible gives us some glimpses into this place.
- God will be so near, and His love will shine very brightly: «I heard a loud voice from the throne. The voice said, “Now God’s home is with men. He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them and will be their God.”» (Rev. 21:3 - ICB).
- There will be no sun, but God Himself will be our light: «There will never be night again. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun. The Lord God will give them light.» (Rev. 22:5 - ICB).
- Around the throne there is a rainbow and there are lots of gold and gemstones everywhere: «The One who sat on the throne looked like precious stones, like jasper and carnelian. All around the throne was a rainbow the color of an emerald.» (Rev. 4:3 - ICB). «The foundation stones of the city walls had every kind of jewel in them. The first cornerstone was jasper, the second was sapphire, the third was chalcedony, the fourth was emerald, the fifth was onyx, the sixth was carnelian, the seventh was chrysolite, the eighth was beryl, the ninth was topaz, the tenth was chrysoprase, the eleventh was jacinth, and the twelfth was amethyst. The 12 gates were 12 pearls. Each gate was made from a single pearl. The street of the city was made of pure gold. The gold was clear as glass.» (Rev. 21:19-21 - ICB).
- We will be healthy and strong: «The tree of life was on each side of the river. It produces fruit 12 times a year, once each month. The leaves of the tree are for the healing of all people.» (Rev. 22:2 - ICB).
- We will have the company of many angels: «Then I looked, and I heard the voices of many angels. The angels were around the throne, the four living things, and the elders. There were thousands and thousands of angels—there were 10,000 times 10,000.» (Rev. 5:11 - ICB).
- We will never be sad again: «He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death, sadness, crying, or pain. All the old ways are gone.» (Rev. 21:4 - ICB).
- We will live forever: «And they will rule like kings forever and ever.» (Rev. 22:5 - ICB).
Isn't this a nice place to live in? Dear little boys and girls, if you welcome Jesus as your Lord and Saviour all this will be yours. You will be forever happy. Say this prayer: “Dear Lord Jesus, I ask you to save me so that I can be with you in this heavenly home some day. Thank you for your wonderful promises. Thank you for loving me so much. Thank you for preparing that place for me. Amen.”